Congress is preparing to vote on the health care reform legislation. The USCCB has concluded that the bills are deficient on "the issues of abortion and conscience, and do not provide adequate health care for immigrants and the poor." In order to forestall the enactment of laws that will have an impact for years to come the USCCB has provided the following resources to be shared in parishes in early November.
How you can help: Share with your pastor and parish staff the following resources and contact Congress.
- Bishops have been asked to include a Nationwide Bulletin Insert in every parish bulletin or distributed in pews, or at Church entrances. (Click here for Bulletin)
- Pulpit Announcements and Prayer of the Faithful petitions are offered for use. (Click here)
- The ad displayed is also available. High-resolution files are available. If needed contact Deirdre McQuade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for a PDF of the USCCB Memo, Bulletin Insert and full page ad.
- Contact members of the Senate and Representatives urging them to include pro-life amendments to the bill.
Members can be emailed through the following link, which automatically determines who are your Senators and Representatives.
Members can be contacted by phone at the US Capitol switchboard at: 202-224-3121
Other contact info can be found at www.house.gov and www.senate.gov
See the USCCB for more information. (Click here)